cuban crispy shredded beef
A few simple ingredients can take leftover Pot Roast to the next level. Traditionally known as Vaca Frita, sautéed beef with bell pepper, onion and lime juice, commonly served with rice and black beans. Delicious!
- 12 ounces shredded cooked beef Chuck Pot Roast
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hot cooked rice, black beans and lime wedges
- Combine the beef Chuck Pot Roast, bell pepper, onion, lime juice, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper in large bowl. Marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes or up to 1-1/2 hours.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Spread 1/3 of beef mixture in thin layer in skillet. Cook until crispy in spots, turning several times, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Repeat twice with remaining beef mixture.
- Season beef with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Serve with rice, black beans and lime wedges as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 256 calories; 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 83 mg cholesterol; 346 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 1.4 g fiber; 28 g protein; 4.3 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 32.8 mcg selenium; 8.2 mg zinc; 75.6 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.