Take an average cheese quesadilla to a more satisfying place! Crumbled Ground Beef, black beans, corn and salsa join melted cheese inside these hearty handhelds.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (90 to 95% lean)
- 1 jar (16 oz) prepared salsa with black beans and corn
- 1 1/2 cup shredded spicy Mexican cheese blend or shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Reserve 1/2 cup salsa. Add remaining salsa, cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro to beef; mix well. Spoon 1/4 of beef mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to close. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven 10 to 11 minutes or until filling is heated through and edges of tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle with cilantro, as desired; serve with reserved salsa.
Nutrition information per serving: 601 calories; 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 11 mg cholesterol; 111 mg sodium; 53 g carbohydrate; 4.2 g fiber; 41 g protein; 8.8 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 33.9 mcg selenium; 7.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.