cali avocado steak salad
A simple salad with a lot of flavor. Top Sirloin Steak, orange, avocado and naan bread make this salad a tasty option for lunch or dinner in 30 minutes.
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch (about 1/2 pound)
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 large Fresh California Avocado
- 2 loaves naan bread, (about 3 ounces each)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Rub both sides of beef steak with 1 teaspoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut bottom and top off orange. Remove remaining skin from orange; cut into segments; reserve. Cut avocado in half; remove pit, but do not peel. Squeeze juice from two cut ends of orange over cut sides of avocado, then brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Brush both sides of naan bread with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. During last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling, place avocado, cut side down, and naan bread on grill; turn bread once.
- Meanwhile, toss salad greens with remaining olive oil and pepper. Add orange segments to salad. Remove skin from grilled avocado. Cut avocado into slices; add to salad and toss gently. Carve steak into thin slices; place on top of salad. Cut naan into wedges; arrange around salad.
Nutrition information per serving: 682 Calories; 324 Calories from fat; 36g Total Fat (6 g Saturated Fat; 22 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 70 mg Cholesterol; 948 mg Sodium; 59 g Total Carbohydrate; 12.1 g Dietary Fiber; 34 g Protein; 4.3 mg Iron; 9.7 mg NE Niacin; 0.9 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.6 mg Zinc; 31.8 mcg Selenium; 128.8 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.