bowls with balance - korean
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 4 cups assorted vegetables, such as shredded or thinly sliced red or green cabbage, shredded carrots, broccoli florets, sliced cucumber, all cut into bite sized pieces
- 2/3 cups coarsely chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to prepare dressing, whisk together soy sauce and sesame oil in small bowl; set aside.
- To serve, divide rice evenly among four bowls. Top rice with vegetables and kimchi.
- Carve steaks into thin strips; divide evenly among bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition information per serving: 391 calories; 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 67 mg cholesterol; 901 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 5.6 g fiber; 32 g protein; 8.9 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 29.4 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc; 101.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.