beef tostadas grande
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 jar (16 oz.) prepared thick-&-chunky salsa
- 8 tostada shells (5 to 6-inch diameter)
- Brown ground beef with onion and 1 Tbsp. chili powder in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Stir in salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among tostada shells. Top with tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño peppers, sour cream, cilantro and chili powder, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 327 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 1077 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 27 g protein; 6.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 18.2 mcg selenium; 6.1 mg zinc.