beef steak with sweet-soy drizzle
- 2 boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (14 to 16 oz) frozen broccoli florets (4 to 5 cups)
Rub beef steaks evenly with ginger. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 17 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, soy sauce and vinegar in small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for serving. Prepare broccoli according to package directions; drain. Toss with remaining soy mixture. Keep warm.
Carve steaks into slices. Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons soy mixture over beef. Serve with broccoli.
Nutrition information per serving: 284 calories; 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 84 mg cholesterol; 498 mg sodium; 18 g carbohydrate; 2.4 g fiber; 33 g protein; 12.3 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 36.0 mcg selenium; 5.7 mg zinc; 119.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.