beef muffuletta dip
A muffuletta sandwich is a Cajun favorite. Try this version in a bread bowl with deli corned beef, pickled vegetables and cream cheese.
- 8 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 shepherd loaf, about 8 inches in diameter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped green olives
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup drained, chopped giardinera
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- SERVING SUGGESTION
- Carrot sticks, celery sticks, crackers (optional)
- Cut top 1/3 off loaf. Scoop out middle of loaf base, reserve bread pieces. Place hallowed loaf on shallow-rimmed baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine corned beef, cream cheese, olives, provolone, giardiniera and red peppers in large bowl; mix well. Place beef mixture in hallowed loaf. Bake in 350°F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until dip is bubbly. Serve with carrots, celery, crackers and bread pieces, as desired.
Cook's Tip: You may toast bread pieces by placing on shallow-rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for last 10 minutes of cook time.
You may bake this dip in 8 by 8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition information per serving: 192 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 4.7g Saturated Fat; 0.4g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.2g Trans Fat; 28mg Cholesterol; 646mg Sodium; 33mg Potassium; 16g Total carbohydrate; 8g Protein; 1.4mg Iron; 0.1mg Niacin; 0mg Vitamin B6; 6.5mg Choline; 0.1mcg Vitamin B12; 0.3mg Zinc; 2.3mcg Selenium; 1g Fiber.