beef & egg tamale skillet
- 12 ounces Cooked beef (such as roast, steak or pot roast)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper chopped (or 5-6 Green Chile Peppers - chopped)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups (2 oz) baked or regular tortilla chips
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or Cheddar cheese
- additional salsa
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- chopped avocado
- chopped tomato
- fresh chopped cilantro
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Add eggs and tortilla chips. Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until eggs begin to set, stirring constantly. Stir in beef and salsa; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until beef is heated through. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Sprinkle with cheese, if desired; remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 1 minute. Serve with Toppings, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 352 calories; 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 3 mg cholesterol; 584 mg sodium; 19 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 34 g protein; 8.7 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 43.6 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 241.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.