basil beef asian pasta stir-fry
- 2 cups uncooked multi-grain penne pasta
- 1 pound beef round tip center steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup packed, thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- basil sprigs
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, chili sauce and 1 teaspoon olive oil in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet. Add basil and chili sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cooked pasta; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with almonds and goat cheese. Garnish each serving with basil sprig.
Nutrition information per serving: 376 Calories; 162 Calories from fat; 18g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 8 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 71 mg Cholesterol; 349 mg Sodium; 25 g Total Carbohydrate; 5.6 g Dietary Fiber; 31 g Protein; 4.5 mg Iron; 8.2 mg NE Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.2 mg Zinc; 33.7 mcg Selenium; 96.5 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.