balsamic & blue cheese steak sandwich
Use Flank Steak, arugula, blue cheese and ciabatta bread for a fresh and tasty sandwich. Perfect to make for lunch or a quick dinner.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted, crushed
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 ciabatta baguette loaf (about 15 inches)
- 2 cups arugula
- 3/4 crumbled blue cheese
- Combine fennel seed, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally into thin slices.
- Meanwhile cut ciabatta in half lengthwise; brush cut sides with remaining olive oil. Grill cut-side-down, during last 2 minutes of grilling beef
- Place steak slices on bottom half of bread, top with arugula and blue cheese; drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar. Close sandwich.
Nutrition information per serving: 415 Calories; 22g Total Fat; 9g Saturated Fat; 10g Monounsaturated Fat; 86mg Cholesterol; 829mg Sodium; 21g Total carbohydrate; 32g Protein; 3mg Iron; 7.1mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 96.3mg Choline; 1.7mcg Vitamin B12; 5.1mg Zinc; 30.4mcg Selenium; 0.9g Fiber.