asian-spiced Steak with forbidden rice and vegetable salad
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon marin (rice wine)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked Chinese black rice
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Combine Marinade & Dressing ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef Steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade for dressing.
Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium-rare (145ºF) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, combine rice, bell pepper, edamame and green onion in large bowl. Add reserved dressing; toss to coat evenly.
Carve steak into slices. Serve beef with rice mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and chopped mint. Season with additional soy sauce, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 457 calories; 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 70 mg cholesterol; 286 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 4.1 g fiber; 34 g protein; 11.1 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 30.7 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 104.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.