asian beef and wild rice
- 2 beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 10 oz each)
- 2/3 cups light Asian-style dressing, divided
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain and wild rice blend (not quick-cooking)
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cup hothouse cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices
- 1 1/4 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place beef steaks and 1/3 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in boiling water according to package directions omitting butter and salt, if desired. Place in large bowl; cool.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, cucumber, edamame, 2 tablespoons green onion, cilantro and remaining 1/3 cup dressing to rice; toss to combine. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place rice salad on serving plate. Arrange steak over rice; top with remaining 2 tablespoons green onion.
Nutrition information per serving: 480 calories; 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 56 mg cholesterol; 1130 mg sodium; 59 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 37 g protein; 7.5 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 29.0 mcg selenium; 4.8 mg zinc; 99.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.