asian beef and vegetable stir-fry
This recipe is sure to become a family favorite in your home. Top Sirloin Steaks strips are stir fried with fresh vegetables and served with rice.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless (about 1 pound), cut 1 inch thick
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper and carrots strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cups prepared stir-fry sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Cut beef Steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine vegetables and 3 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
- Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and half of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and crushed red pepper; heat through. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving, Using top sirloin, lean, all grades, gov code 13454: 411 Calories; 99 Calories from fat; 11g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 70 mg Cholesterol; 783 mg Sodium; 43 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.2 g Dietary Fiber; 32 g Protein; 4.2 mg Iron; 13.4 mg NE Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.5 mg Zinc; 38.1 mcg Selenium; 104 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Choline.