asian beef and broccoli noodle bowl
Add delicious flavor and nutrition to an otherwise ho-hum ramen noodle packet. Tender beef and broccoli take this dish to the next level.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef Shoulder Steaks Boneless, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2 packages (3 oundes each) Oriental or beef-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Toasted Sesame seeds, sliced green onions, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with pepper, as desired.
- Add 1 cup water, seasoning packets from ramen noodles and ginger; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Add remaining 2 cups water, broccoli and noodles to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; return to stockpot. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with toppings, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 408 Calories; 16g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 7g Monounsaturated Fat; 9mg Cholesterol; 928mg Sodium; 31g Total carbohydrate; 35g Protein; 6mg Iron; 5.2mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.9mcg Vitamin B12; 8.3mg Zinc; 35.4mcg Selenium; 3.1g Fiber.