asian barbecued skirt steak
Soy sauce, barbecue sauce, peanut butter and garlic powder make a tasty Asian marinade to compliment a Skirt Steak.
- 1 beef Skirt Steak (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 4 to 6-inch portions
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 green onions, cut crosswise in half
- Combine soy sauce, barbecue sauce, peanut butter and garlic powder in small bowl; stir to combine thoroughly. Place beef steaks and soy sauce mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat steaks. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on rack of broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. During last 3 minutes of broiling top steaks with green onions.
- Carve steaks diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with green onions.
Nutrition information per serving: 353 calories; 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 116 mg cholesterol; 845 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 34 g protein; 12.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 5.5 mcg vitamin B12; 4.0 mg iron; 24.4 mcg selenium; 7.6 mg zinc; 122.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.