- 4 pounds well-trimmed beef chuck short ribs, cut into 3 x 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash black pepper
1. Place beef short ribs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil about 20 minutes or until well-browned, turning as needed. Place in Dutch oven.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook in 350°F oven 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove ribs. Skim fat from sauce. Serve sauce with ribs.