two steppin tenderloin
Let your oven do the hard work in this easy and elegant preparation of juicy beef Tenderloin Steaks served with cherry, almond and spinach brown rice.
- 2 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 1-1/2 inches thick (about 5 to 6 ounces each)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, divided
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cherries
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Place 2 cups spinach, almonds, cheese and garlic in food processor container. Cover; process until coarse paste forms. With motor running, slowly add 2 tablespoons water and oil until smooth. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place beef steaks in skillet and brown 2 minutes. Turn steaks over and place skillet into preheated oven; cook 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, remaining 1 cup water and salt, if desired, in medium saucepan; cook according to package directions. Chop remaining 1 cup spinach. During last 5 minutes of cooking, add chopped spinach to pan and continue to cook. Remove from heat, add cherries and 1 tablespoon pesto to rice; stir to combine.
- Remove steaks from oven when internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium doneness. Remove steaks from pan; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium doneness.
- Serve steaks over brown rice with remaining pesto. Garnish rice with additional almonds, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 584 Calories; 23g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 12g Monounsaturated Fat; 104mg Cholesterol; 227mg Sodium; 48g Total carbohydrate; 45g Protein; 4.7mg Iron; 13.2mg Niacin; 1.1mg Vitamin B6; 158.7mg Choline; 2.2mcg Vitamin B12; 8.2mg Zinc; 55.4mcg Selenium; 6.2g Fiber.