tuscan beef & pesto pasta
Try this quick and easy recipe. Refrigerated Fully-Cooked Boneless Beef Pot Roast with gravy is served with a tomato-pesto sauce. Slices of bell pepper add some exciting color to this dish.
- 1 package (16 to 17 ounces) refridgerated fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast with gravy
- 8 ounces uncooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 to 1/4 inch strips`
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove pot roast from package; transfer gravy to large saucepan. Cut pot roast into 1/2-inch pieces; add to saucepan. Reserve 1 tablespoon each olives and bell pepper strips; set aside.
- Add tomatoes to saucepan; bring just to a simmer. Stir in pesto and remaining olives; simmer 7 minutes. Stir in remaining pepper strips and pepper; simmer 5 minutes. Combine beef mixture and pasta in serving bowl; toss well. Top with reserved olives and pepper strips.
Nutrition information per serving: 519 Calories; 22.1g Total Fat; 5.6g Saturated Fat; 0.5g Polyunsaturated Fat; 0.1g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.2g Trans Fat; 53mg Cholesterol; 937mg Sodium; 500mg Potassium; 56g Total carbohydrate; 25g Protein; 3.5mg Iron; 5.3mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 82.7mg Choline; 2.4mcg Vitamin B12; 5.4mg Zinc; 43.6mcg Selenium; 9.2g Fiber.