top sirloin steak, green bean and tomato salad
The steak, green beans and tomato in this recipe are stir-fried and combined with spinach. Fresh, colorful and fun to eat. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 2 1/2 cups fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach (about one 5 ounce package)
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 2 tablespoons dressing and beef in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add green beans and 1 teaspoon oil; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender and tomatoes begin to brown slightly. Remove from skillet; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
- Add to same skillet, half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Divide spinach evenly among four plates. Top with beef and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 Calories; 9g Total Fat; 2.9g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 72mg Cholesterol; 448mg Sodium; 12g Total carbohydrate; 30g Protein; 4.7mg Iron; 5.9mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 110.9mg Choline; 3.3mcg Vitamin B12; 6.7mg Zinc; 30.9mcg Selenium; 3.2g Fiber.