top sirloin beef steak with asparagus & tomato orzo
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Seak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons capers (optional)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Press pepper evenly onto beef steak. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steak in skillet; cook 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broth and wine to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until brown bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Add tomatoes, capers, if desired, and garlic; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions using salt in the water. Add asparagus during last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Toss with half of the tomato mixture.
- Carve steak crosswise into slices. Serve steak over pasta. Spoon remaining tomato mixture over steak.
Test Kitchen Tips
To cook in a grill pan on the stovetop, place Steaks in a preheated pan over medium heat. Grill 13-16 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Nutrition information per serving: 476 calories; 11 g fat; 125 mg cholesterol; 167 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 51 g protein; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 4.1 mcg vitamin B12; 7.1 mg iron; 10.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.