This fresh and delicious tomato relish pairs well with any steak cut.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup diced onions (1/4 inch)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 1/4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened. Stir in tomatoes; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in salt. Cool. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition information per serving: 28.9 Calories; 0.9g Total Fat; 0.1g Saturated Fat; 0.6g Monounsaturated Fat; 0mg Cholesterol; 75.9mg Sodium; 4.9g Total carbohydrate; 0.4g Protein; 0.2mg Iron; 0.2mg Niacin; 0mg Vitamin B6; 3mg Choline; 0mcg Vitamin B12; 0.1mg Zinc; 0.1mcg Selenium; 0.6g Fiber.