tenderloin and garlic-roasted vegetables
Savory roasted potatoes, onions, tomatoes and zucchini pair perfectly with tender goodness of a Tenderloin Roast. This is one easy dish!
- 1 beef Tenderloin Roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 large head garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/4 pounds potatoes (such as fingerling, russet or red potatoes), quartered if large
- 4 small onions, halved
- 6 small plum tomatoes,halved
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut about 1/4 inch off top of garlic head, exposing cloves. Remove outer papery skin, leaving head intact. Place in center of 12-inch square heavy-duty aluminum foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Bring two opposite sides of foil over garlic; seal with double fold. Fold in open ends to seal. Combine remaining vegetables, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Combine remaining teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Place garlic, potatoes and onions on rimmed baking sheet. Roast tenderloin in 425°F oven 45 to 55 minutes for medium rare; 55 to 65 minutes for medium doneness. Roast garlic, potatoes and onions 30 minutes. Add tomatoes and zucchini to pan; continue to roast 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Squeeze garlic pulp over vegetables; stir to combine. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and salt, as desired. Carve roast; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 359 Calories; 13g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 92mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium; 23g Total carbohydrate; 37g Protein; 3mg Iron; 11mg Niacin; 1.1mg Vitamin B6; 145.2mg Choline; 1.9mcg Vitamin B12; 6.7mg Zinc; 39.4mcg Selenium; 3.9g Fiber.