taiwanese street tacos
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's® Asian Ginger, Garlic & Chile Rub
- 1 cup black vinegar
- SCALLION PANCAKES:
- 1 cup flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped scallions, divided
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- SRIRACHA AIOLI:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Culinary® Sriracha Seasoning
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Wilted bok choy, fresh cilantro leaves, thinly sliced Freso chile peppers and lime wedges (optional)
- Press Lawry's® Asian Ginger, Garlic & Chile Rub evenly onto all surfaces of beef Top Round Steak. Place steak in foodsafe sous-vide bag; add vinegar and seal bag. Circulate bag 8 hours at 145°F. Remove sous-vide bag; place in ice water bath for 2 minutes. Remove steak from bag, reserving cooking liquid. Rest steak on cutting board for 5 minutes; slice into 1/2 inch cubes. Place steak and reserved cooking liquid in medium bowl; keep warm.
- For Scallion Pancakes: Combine flour and salt in large bowl; whisk to combine. Using wooden spoon, stir in boiling water and 2 teaspoons sesame oil until shaggy dough forms. Turn out dough onto lightly-floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cover dough with plastic wrap; rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide dough evenly into 8 pieces. Working one at a time, roll dough on lightly-floured surface into 3 x 8 x 1/16-inch rectangle. Brush dough liberally with sesame oil and top each with 1/4 cup scallions. Roll each rectangle up like a jelly roll, then twist roll into tight spiral, tucking in the end underneath. Cover with plastic wrap and repeat with remaining dough. Rest for 15 minutes at room temperature. Working on a lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough piece at a time into a 5 inch pancake; set aside. Keep remaining dough pieces covered. Repeat with remaining dough, using parchment to separate pancakes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat until hot. Cook each pancake until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 6 minutes, turning as needed to prevent burning. Remove from pan and immediately drape over thick handle (like a wooden spoon) to form a taco shell. When cooled the scallion pancake will hold its shape.
- Place all ingredients in small bowl, mix until well-combined; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain steak; discard liquid. Divide steak between 8 scallion pancakes. Top with bok choy, cilantro, chile peppers and Sriracha Aioli, as desired. Serve with lime.
Nutrition information per serving: 941 calories; 72 g fat (12.3 g saturated fat; 20 g monounsaturated fat; 0.35 g trans. fat; 37.2 g polyunsaturated fat); 134 mg cholesterol; 1170 mg sodium; 764 mg potassium; 29.3 g carbohydrate; 2.3 g fiber; 43.5 g protein; 13.6 mg niacin; 1.2 mg vitamin B6; 3 mcg vitamin B12; 6.5 mg iron; 51.9 mcg selenium; 7.1 mg zinc; 142.1 mg choline; 0.35 g trans. fat;37.2 g polyunsaturated fat.