taco beef nuggets with tejano dipping sauce
Make these nuggets for kids of any age. Ground Beef stuffed with cheese, coated with tortilla chips, and baked to perfection. Served with a sweet-hot dipping sauce.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mile green chiles, drained
- 16 cubes co-jack cheese (1/2 inch)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoon prepared thich taco sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, taco seasoning and green chilies in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide beef mixture into 16 portions; shape each portion around a cheese cube, completely covering cheese.
- Beat egg white with water in shallow dish until blended. Place chips in second shallow dish. Dip each meatball into egg white mixture, then into chips to coat completely. Press each meatball with palm into a flattened nugget shape, generously coating both sides of nugget with chips.
- Spray large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place nuggets in baking pan; spray tops of nuggets generously with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Serve nuggets with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 516 Calories; 243 Calories from fat; 27g Total Fat (11 g Saturated Fat; 8 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 96 mg Cholesterol; 872 mg Sodium; 37 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.4 g Dietary Fiber; 3 g Protein; 3.2 mg Iron; 4.4 mg NE Niacin; 0.3 mg Vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.3 mg Zinc; 19.1 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron, and Vitamin B6.