sweet and spicy orange beef
The name says it all! Slow-cook Country-Style Ribs in rice wine, chili-garlic sauce, agave and brown sugar until they’re fork-tender, then finish with orange juice and soy sauce.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef Country-Style Ribs
- 1 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspooon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine mirin, water, sweet chili garlic sauce, agave nectar, brown sugar and ginger in stockpot over medium heat stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Place beef ribs in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly. Continue cooking in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Add orange juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 12 to 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Stir in soy sauce and orange peel. Return beef to cooking liquid; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve ribs with rice and remaining sauce, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 438 Calories; 10g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 0g Monounsaturated Fat; 81mg Cholesterol; 902mg Sodium; 56g Total carbohydrate; 25g Protein; 2.8mg Iron; 2.9mg Niacin; 0.2mg Vitamin B6; 79.7mg Choline; 2.9mcg Vitamin B12; 8.6mg Zinc; 26.8mcg Selenium; 0.1g Fiber.