succulent filet in a field of greens
Delicious Tenderloin Steaks are cooked to perfection and placed on a bed of greens, cherry tomatoes and sautéed mushrooms.
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, shiitake, enoki and morel)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups red and/or yellow cherry tomoatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup mixed baby salad greens
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove to medium bowl; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons garlic and thyme. Press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter.
- Add tomatoes, salad greens and vinaigrette to mushrooms; toss lightly to coat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with salad.
Nutrition information per serving: 273 Calories; 14g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; 67mg Cholesterol; 182mg Sodium; 8g Total carbohydrate; 27g Protein; 2.5mg Iron; 10.6mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 126.4mg Choline; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 5.1mg Zinc; 30mcg Selenium; 2.4g Fiber.