stir-fry beef & spinach with noodles
- 1 pound beef Sirloin Tip Steaks, 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 6 ouncess uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped red chile peppers
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine marinade ingredients; add beef, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
- Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade. Heat large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine pasta, spinach, water chestnuts, green onions and reserved marinade; cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet; mix lightly. Garnish with chili peppers.
Nutrition information per serving: 382 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 360 mg sodium; 46 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 32 g protein; 7.3 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 27.5 mcg selenium; 5.0 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.