steaked-out pita pizzas
- 1 pound shoulder center steaks (Ranch Steaks) or boneless top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup prepared reduced fat non-creamy caesar dressing
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat Italian cheese blend, divided
- 6 cups loosely packed chopped romaine lettuce (about 6 oz.)
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup prepared reduced fat non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Heat oven to 350F. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine beef and 1/3 cup dressing in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Place pita breads slightly overlapping on metal baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. cheese on each pita. Bake in 350F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until pitas are toasted and cheese is melted.
Meanwhile remove beef from marinade, draining well; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
Toss lettuce, tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup cheese in large bowl. Add beef and remaining 1/3 cup dressing; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Divide beef mixture evenly over pitas. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: 432 calories; 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg cholesterol; 915 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 6.8 g fiber; 40 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 4.2 mg iron; 30.8 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.