spicy-sweet steaks and onions
How does tender steaks rubbed with brown sugar and chili powder served with caramelized onions sound good for dinner? Sweet.
- 2 beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Remove steaks; keep warm.
- Return onions to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and browned bits attached to bottom of skillet are dissolved.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with onions.
Nutrition information per serving: 241 Calories; 9g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 73mg Cholesterol; 79mg Sodium; 16g Total carbohydrate; 24g Protein; 2.6mg Iron; 4.7mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 2.8mcg Vitamin B12; 6mg Zinc; 33.7mcg Selenium; 1.3g Fiber.