spicy lemon pesto flatiron steak
- 4 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- freshly grated lemon peel
- SPICY LEMON PESTO SAUCE
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Combine Spicy Lemon Pesto ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Press garlic evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired.
3. Top steaks with pesto. Garnish with lemon peel, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 349 calories; 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 68 mg cholesterol; 250 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 0.6 g fiber; 38 g protein; 10.2 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 2.0 mcg vitamin B12; 2.4 mg iron; 41.0 mcg selenium; 6.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.