Spice up the traditional, down-home meatloaf by adding red bell peppers, corn, chopped onions, salsa, and much more to give your meatloaf an added layer of flavors.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl except salsa, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Top with salsa; cut into slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 Calories; 9 Calories from fat; 9g Total Fat (3.5 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 0.6 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.6 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 110 mg Cholesterol; 720 mg Sodium; 9 g Total Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber; 29 g Protein; 3 mg Iron; 443 mg Potassium; 0.7 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.6 mg Zinc; 24.2 mcg Selenium; 114.7 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron, and Potassium.