southwest crescent pie
- 1 pound ground beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) chili beans in chili sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 to 15 oz) chili-seasoned stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen or drained canned Mexican-style corn
- 1 package (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
2. Stir in beans, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Line 9-inch pie plate with dough triangles, placing narrow tips toward center. Firmly press edges of dough together to form crust. Bake in 375°F oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Spoon beef mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 653 calories; 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 87 mg cholesterol; 1482 mg sodium; 52 g carbohydrate; 7.3 g fiber; 36 g protein; 4.6 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 18.7 mcg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.