southwest beef shortcakes
- 1 package (about 1 1/2 lbs.) sliced, fully-cooked barbecue beef brisket
- 2 can (11 oz) Mexican style corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 large pre-paked biscuits (4 to 5-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced fat dairy sour cream
Place barbecue beef in large saucepan; heat over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and olives; heat through.
Split biscuits; spoon beef mixture over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese; top with sour cream.
Nutrition information per serving: 415 calories; 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 360 mg cholesterol; 1468 mg sodium; 48 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 19 g protein; 0 mg niacin; 0 mg vitamin B6; 0 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 0.1 mcg selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein; and a good source of iron.