southwest beef pizza
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large (16 oz.) prepared pizza crust
- 1 1/4 cup mild, thick and chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cup (6 oz) shredded Mexican Cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thin red onion slivers
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
Pour off drippings. Season with 1/4-tsp. salt.
Place bread shell on ungreased baking sheet.
Spread salsa over shell. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with beef, chilies, tomatoes, and red onion. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in oven 11-13 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot.
Tips from Our Cook: Turn this into a fun breakfast pizza by adding 4 scrambled eggs. For a spicier pizza, substitute medium salsa for mild. You can substitute cooked shredded beef for the ground beef.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 6 oz.) 293 calories; 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 47 mg cholesterol; 729 mg sodium; 29 g carbohydrate; 1.7 g fiber; 20 g protein; 2.6 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 0.9 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 7.2 mcg selenium; 2.4 mg zinc.