sous vide beef short ribs with smashed avocado toast
Are you looking for a hearty and flavorful beef breakfast dish? Shredded Beef Short Ribs plus smashed avocados on whole-grain toast make this recipe a new brunch favorite.
- 1 3/4 pounds beef Chuch Shirt Ribs, Boneless
- 1/2 cup prepared roasted tomato salsa
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 4 slices whole grain seedy bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Attach sous vide wand to stock pot. Fill pot with water according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat sous vide wand to 160°F.
- Place beef and salsa in food-safe plastic bag and seal, removing as much air as possible.
Cook's Tip: For best results use a vacuum sealer.
- Submerge bag in water. Set timer for 24 hours.
- At end of cooking time, carefully remove bag from pot, open bag and pour 1 cup of cooking liquid into small bowl; remove ribs; discard bag. Shred beef with two forks. Remove fat from cooking liquid.
- Remove avocado flesh from peel. Use potato masher or fork to lightly smash avocado to spread-like consistency.
- Divide ingredients evenly and layer each piece of bread with avocado spread, a tomato slice and shredded beef. Drizzle cooking liquid over each serving. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with wedge of lime.
Nutrition information per serving, 1 loaded toast: 643 Calories; 390.6 Calories from fat; 43.4g Total Fat (14.7 g Saturated Fat; 1.8 g Trans Fat; 3.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 24.1 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 123 mg Cholesterol; 496 mg Sodium; 30 g Total Carbohydrate; 8.2 g Dietary Fiber; 38 g Protein; 0 mg Calcium; 6 mg Iron; 1006 mg Potassium; 0.5 mg Riboflavin; 8 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 4.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 320 mg Phosphorus; 13.1 mg Zinc; 43.2 mcg Selenium; 131.8 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.