sonoran beef steak
- 4 beef cubed steaks (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons package (1.25 oz) 30% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons garlic-flavored or plain olive oil
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup prepared reduced-fat or fat-free ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons taco seasoning and salt and pepper on waxed paper. Brush both sides of beef steaks lightly with some of the oil. Dip into crumb mixture to coat both sides; press coating into steaks.
- Heat remaining oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Meanwhile heat sauce over low heat just until warmed. Serve steaks immediately with sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition information per serving: 605 calories; 44 g fat; 86 mg cholesterol; 785 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrate; 29 g protein; 4.6 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 3.6 mg iron; 5.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6.