sonoma steaks with vegetables bocconcini
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 container (9-16 ounces) herb-marinated small fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch wide strips
- 1 cup small red grape tomatoes
- Drain bocconcini, reserving 1/3 cup marinade. Combine reserved marinade and vinegar in small bowl. Toss zucchini and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons marinade mixture in large bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from marinade; place in grill basket. Place steaks on one half of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; place grill basket on other half of grid. Grill steaks, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm. Grill vegetables 10 to 13 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes during last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Combine grilled vegetables and bocconcini in large bowl; toss gently to combine. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with vegetable mixture.
Nutrition information per serving: 380 calories; 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 106 mg cholesterol; 152 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 38 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.4 mg iron; 29.0 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.