smoky yogurt-marinated steak
- 1 pound beef eye round steaks, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 5 to 7 ounces each)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 17 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
3. Carve into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 157 calories; 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 48 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 0.3 g fiber; 26 g protein; 7.3 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 28.5 mcg selenium; 4.3 mg zinc; 96.6 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.