smoky chipotle chili
Your friends will rave for this beef chili packed with layers of flavors including beer, smoky chipotle peppers, and black beans.
- 2 1/2 pounds beef Shoulder, Arm or Blade Roast Boneless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo suace
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons masa harina
- Dairy sour cream
- Cut beef roast into 1/2-inch pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef in batches and remove from stockpot. Season with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add beef, tomatoes, beer, adobo sauce and chipotle peppers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in beans and masa harina; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve with sour cream, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 324 Calories; 12g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 75mg Cholesterol; 887mg Sodium; 18g Total carbohydrate; 32g Protein; 5.1mg Iron; 9.1mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 0.7mg Choline; 3.2mcg Vitamin B12; 6.9mg Zinc; 32.6mcg Selenium; 3.9g Fiber.