smoky beef enchilada skillet
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated fully-cooked beef tips with gravy
- 12 small corn tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 to 4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1. Combine beef tips with gravy, tortillas, 1-1/2 cups cheese, enchilada sauce, chilies, onion, chipotle pepper and salt in large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tortilla pieces are softened and flavors are blended, stirring once.
2. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 579 calories; 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 111 mg cholesterol; 2114 mg sodium; 52 g carbohydrate; 8.8 g fiber; 35 g protein; 5.3 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 17.2 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; a good source of iron.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 387 calories; 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 74 mg cholesterol; 1409 mg sodium; 34 g carbohydrate; 5.9 g fiber; 24 g protein; 3.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 11.5 mcg selenium; 3.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc; a good source of niacin, iron and selenium.