smoked steak skeweres with tomatoes, onions and olives
Beef Top Sirloin Steak is smoked, then skewered with tomatoes, red onion and olives. Sprinkle these skewers with shredded Manchego cheese to impress your guests.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak, 1-inch thick, cut into 24 - 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, trimmed, halved, cut into 16 wedges
- 16 medium cherry tomatoes
- 16 large Queen Spanish olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- grated machego cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine vinegar, oil, garlic and crushed red pepper into a food-safe container or plastic bag; mix well. Add steak cubes; turn to coat. Close container securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Add wood chunks, chips or pellets to smoker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat smoker to 225°F.
- Remove steak cubes from marinade; discard marinade. Place in smoker and set timer for 10 to 15 minutes depending on amount of smoked flavor desired.
- When beef is done smoking, carefully remove beef from smoker. Thread beef, onion, tomatoes and olive pieces evenly onto eight 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small spaces between pieces.
- Place skewers on grid over medium heat. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Top skewers with grated cheese if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 2 skewers: 293 Calories; 16.5 Calories from fat; 16.5g Total Fat (6.5 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.6 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.1 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 71 mg Cholesterol; 954 mg Sodium; 8 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.5 g Dietary Fiber; 25 g Protein; 0 mg Calcium; 1.7 mg Iron; 488 mg Potassium; 0.1 mg Riboflavin; 6.4 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg Vitamin B12; 195 mg Phosphorus; 4.1 mg Zinc; 24.7 mcg Selenium; 86.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron, Potassium, and Choline.