slow-cooked beef risotto
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (5.5 to 8 ounces) mushroom or cheese risotto mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Combine beef, water and garlic in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 hours.
2. Stir in contents of risotto mix package omitting butter or oil; continue simmering, covered, 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and beef is fork-tender. Stir in peas; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 415 calories; 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 96 mg cholesterol; 835 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 1.9 g fiber; 39 g protein; 4.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4 mg iron; 25.1 mcg selenium; 7.7 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 277 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 64 mg cholesterol; 556 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 26 g protein; 3.3 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 16.7 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.