skillet beef & rice posole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) hominy or corn, drained
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings.
2. Add rice and green onions; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in beans, hominy, water, tomatoes and turmeric; bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.