simple spanish beef and potato wraps
A quick and easy recipe was a 2013 National Beef Cookoff winning recipe in the Real-Worldly, Real Simple Beef and Potato Recipes.
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 cups diced yellow potatoes (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup manzanilla pimiento-stuffed olives, cut in half
- 1 1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning with pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/3 less fat), softened
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch diameter), warmed
1. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into small crumbles; drain.
2. Add diced potatoes, 1/2 cup roasted peppers, onion, olives, 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, place cream cheese, remaining roasted peppers, adobo seasoning and smoked paprika in bowl of food processor. Process until smooth.
4. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper sauce. Top with 1-1/4 cups beef-potato mixture; fold tortilla over filling. Serve with remaining red pepper sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 451 calories; 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 91 mg cholesterol; 1024 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 34 g protein; 7.0 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 4.0 mg iron; 19.3 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc; 88.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.