shredded beef & egg quesadillas
- 6 ounces cooked beef, shredded or chipped into bite-size pieces
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 medium flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped or diced green chilies, drained
- TOPPINGS OPTIONAL
- Sour cream, salsa, chipped cilantro, guacamole
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add beef and eggs; cook and stir until eggs are scrambled. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Top each of two flour tortillas with 1/4 cup cheese. Evenly divide beef mixture between two tortillas. Top each with half of the chilies and half of remaining cheese. Place remaining two tortillas on top.
Wipe out skillet. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook quesadillas, one at a time, 2 minutes or until tortilla is lightly browned. Turn and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Cut each quesadilla in half. Cut each quesadilla in half. Cut each half into wedges. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 385 calories; 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 236 mg cholesterol; 891 mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g fiber; 30 g protein; 3.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 30.7 mcg selenium; 3.1 mg zinc; 196.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, and zinc as well as a good source of niacin, vitamin B6, and iron.