sauteed chuckeye roll &mushrooms with pickled radish wrap
This recipe is courtsey of US Meat Export Federation
- 14 ounces sliced U.S. beef chuckeye roll
- 2 Saesongimushrooms (or 1 pack Enoki mushroom)
- 5 Shitake mushrooms
- 1/4 onion
- 10 ounces carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame to sprinkle
- RADISH PICKLE
- 7 ounces white radish
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Slice the radish very thinly and pickle in vinegar, sugar, salt and water for about an hour.
- Slice chuckeye roll into 4 cm long pieces thin enough for chopsticks and marinate with 1 teaspoon oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon sake.
- Slice Saesongi mushroom the same size as chuckeye roll. Remove the root of the Shitake mushrooms and slice them.
- Thinly slice the onion and carrots the same length as the beef.
- Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and slice.
- Sauté garlic, onion and carrot in oil then add Shitake mushrooms and beef.
- When beef is cooked add remaining oyster sauce and sesame oil then the Saesongi mushrooms and the sliced peppers.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper for taste then sesame.
- Drain off the radish pickle and serve with beef.