saucy beef wraps
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 medium flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch diameter), warmed
1. Brown Ground Beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into 1/2-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings, if necessary.
2. Stir in water, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spinach, beans and carrots; continue simmering 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
3. Spoon filling evenly in a row across center of each tortilla, leaving 1-1/2-inch border on right and left sides. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving, using 93% lean ground beef: 401 calories; 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 797 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 4.4 g fiber; 31 g protein; 6.3 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 4.1 mg iron; 18.4 mcg selenium; 6.0 mg zinc; 81.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.