salisbury steak with dilled mashed potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12oz) mushroom gravy
- DILL MASHED POTATOES
- 1 package (22 oz) frozen mashed potatoes
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/3 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1. Combine potato ingredients except sour cream in 2-quart microwave-safe dish; cook according to package directions. For thicker potatoes, cook longer. Stir in sour cream.
2. Combine remaining ingredients except gravy in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick oval patties.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, once. Remove.
4. Add gravy to skillet; heat through. Serve over patties and potatoes.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 552 calories; 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 113 mg cholesterol; 1095 mg sodium; 40 g carbohydrate; 4.9 g fiber; 33 g protein; 5.4 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 26.4 mcg selenium; 6.2 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitaminB6, vitaminB12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.