beef roast with green beans and onions
Pair a Sirloin Tip Roast with bacon, green beans and onions for a meal fit for a king. Enjoy!
- 1 beef Sirloin Tip roast (4 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- GREEN BEANS & CARMELIZED ONIONS
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen green beans, cooked, warm
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine garlic and pepper; press onto beef Roast. Place Roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 2 hours for medium rare; 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Add onions; cook over medium-low heat 35 to 40 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Add beans and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare; 155°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Remove rack from pan; stir in gravy, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly. Carve Roast. Serve with sauce and vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 499 Calories; 17g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 7g Monounsaturated Fat; 205mg Cholesterol; 494mg Sodium; 16g Total carbohydrate; 68g Protein; 6.5mg Iron; 11.9mg Niacin; 1mg Vitamin B6; 3.5mcg Vitamin B12; 11.9mg Zinc; 71.9mcg Selenium; 3.3g Fiber.