roast beef tea sandwiches
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked (leftover) beef Roast or deli Roast Beef
- 8 slices bread, such as white, whole wheat, rye or pumbernickel
- 1/2 cup spread or condiment; reduced-fat mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cream cheese, horseradish sauce, barbecue sauce, onion jam, mango chutney or pesto
- Thinly sliced fruit or vegetable; cucumber, baby spinach leaves, tomato, red onion, pear or apple
- Thinly sliced cheese; Swiss, Cheddar or Monterey Jack or crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
Spread each bread slice evenly with spread or condiment, as desired.
Top 4 bread slices with thin even layers of beef Roast, vegetables or fruit and cheese, as desired. Place remaining bread slices on top, spread-side down.
Cut each sandwich into quarters forming squares, triangles or rectangles, as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: For more formal appearance, cut crusts from sandwiches before cutting into quarters.